UConn’s Environmental Programs Team coordinates and manages environmental compliance and best practices applicable to the University’s diverse operational and construction activities. The responsibilities of this office include:
- Environmental assessment, siting and land use planning and permitting to preserve wetlands, wildlife and other natural resources.
- Construction site environmental monitoring in order to ensure proper maintenance of erosion and sedimentation controls and best management practices for construction-related waste and site remediation.
- Air pollution control permitting, record-keeping, and reporting for UConn’s co-generation facility, central utility plant and hundreds of emissions units.
- Environmental guidance on wastewater permits, studies and plans related to UConn’s water supply, storm drainage and wastewater treatment systems, and storage tanks.
- Developing and maintaining UConn’s environmental management system, including auditing, training and document control.